I have to make a final decision for the cover image of The Earthy Nature of the Bible: Fleshly Readings of Sex, Masculinity and Carnality – about to go into press with Palgrave Macmillan. In order to avoid the labyrinth of copyright, I’ve drawn on my own photo collection for the following five. Any preferences?
Criticism of Heaven and Earth (paperback)
Marxist Criticism of the Hebrew Bible
The Sacred Economy of Ancient Israel
Idols of Nations
Lenin, Religion, and Theology
Nick Cave: A Study of Love, Death and Apocalypse
- Is Australia ‘British’?
- Stephen Kotkin’s Stalin: An Ideological Rant of the First Order
- Typology of scholars: The ‘Deep’ Thinker
- Are communists infallible?
- Anti-corruption and save our rail march today
- Is socialism paradise on earth?
- Bible and Critical Theory Seminar 2014 program and abstracts
- Socialist prophecy: a definition
- ‘I am not a warrior-knight': Stalin’s modesty
- Stalin on the English Labour Party
- Stephen Kotkin's Stalin: An Ideological Rant of the First Order
- Is there a female equivalent to phallic and phallocentric?
- The true picture of Stalin?
- Is Australia 'British'?
- Turin Papyrus: Is This Theological?
- Ship's Log: 25-31 July 2008. Hansa Rendsburg from Tauranga to Melbourne
- Stalin's tobacco preferences
- What does 'debt to society' mean?
- Typology of Scholars
Adam and Eve Adam Smith Alasdair Maclagan Allen Edwardes ancient Near East Auckland Australia beer bestiality Bulgaria call for papers Calvin Canberra capitalism censorship China civil war climate change conference Copenhagen Criticism of Theology Deane Galbraith death democracy Denmark Dunedin Dungog East Germany Egypt ethics Europe farting Germany Haymarket Books Hegel Herrnhut Hittites Hong Kong Islam Israel Japan Jesus Jethro Tull Jim West John Milbank miracle myth Nick Cave Norway Phillip Blond pope reading Lenin reading Mao reading Stalin red tories red toryism religion revolution Romania Russia Russian Revolution sausage-fest shameless self-promotion sheep Slavoj Žižek Stalin Terry Eagleton Tony Abbott typology of scholars Ukraine USA USSR women writing Zizek
- academics as wankers
- Alain Badiou
- another world is possible
- Antonio Gramsci
- Antonio Negri
- Bible and Critical Theory
- biblical studies
- Critical Research on Religion
- Criticism of Earth
- Criticism of Heaven
- Criticism of Heaven and Earth
- Criticism of Religion
- Criticism of Theology
- E.P. Thompson
- Embalming Our Leaders
- Ernst Bloch
- Georg Lukács
- hairy creatures of God
- historical criticism
- Idols of Nations
- In the Vale of Tears
- Lenin, Religion, and Theology
- Louis Althusser
- Mao Zedong
- Max Horkheimer
- mountain climbing
- odd animals
- Sacred Economy
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Stalin Prize
- Theodor Adorno
- total depravity