For Lenin, reform is known as ‘tinkering with wash-basins’ – that important stuff like water supply, electric trains, and similar matters. Unlike revolution, such tinkering does not endanger the foundations of what is called ‘the existing social system’. Not a bad way to describe the whole edifice of parliamentary democracy – tinkering with washbasins. See Collected Works, vol. 10, p. 189.
The Sacred Economy of Ancient Israel
Criticism of Heaven and Earth (paperback)
Marxist Criticism of the Hebrew Bible
Idols of Nations
Lenin, Religion, and Theology
Nick Cave: A Study of Love, Death and Apocalypse
- Fidel, eat your heart out
- More on the China-Russia joint naval exercises, and the USA as a world troublemaker
- Russia and China in major joint military exercise in South China Sea
- A core principle of socialism with national characteristics
- Will Trump ‘win’?
- The return of ‘yellow peril’ hysteria
- Symposium on Criticism of Heaven and Earth book series
- The aggression and provocation of NATO
- Structural anti-communism
- A dialectical moment worthy of Hegel’s birthday
- Stalin's reply to Churchill's 'Iron Curtain' speech
- Turin Papyrus: Is This Theological?
- Publications etc.
- Is there a female equivalent to phallic and phallocentric?
- Stalin's tobacco preferences
- Will Trump 'win'?
- Stalin's economics: the secret to Soviet success in World War II?
- Was the Russian Revolution a success?
- The Great Depression and the USSR
- Lenin the Nudist
Adam and Eve Adam Smith Alasdair Maclagan ancient Near East anti-communism Auckland Australia beer Beijing Bulgaria call for papers Calvin Canberra capitalism China civil war climate change conference Confucius Copenhagen Criticism of Theology Deane Galbraith death democracy Denmark DPRK Dunedin Dungog East Germany Egypt ethics Europe farting Germany Greece Haymarket Books Hegel Herrnhut Hittites Hong Kong Islam Israel Jesus Jethro Tull John Milbank miracle myth Nick Cave North Korea Norway Phillip Blond pope reading Lenin reading Mao reading Stalin red tories red toryism religion revolution Romania Russia Russian Revolution shameless self-promotion sheep shit Slavoj Žižek Stalin Terry Eagleton Tony Abbott typology of scholars Ukraine USA USSR women writing
- academics as wankers
- Alain Badiou
- another world is possible
- Antonio Gramsci
- Antonio Negri
- Bible and Critical Theory
- biblical studies
- Critical Research on Religion
- Criticism of Earth
- Criticism of Heaven
- Criticism of Heaven and Earth
- Criticism of Religion
- Criticism of Theology
- E.P. Thompson
- Embalming Our Leaders
- Ernst Bloch
- Georg Lukács
- hairy creatures of God
- historical criticism
- Idols of Nations
- In the Vale of Tears
- Lenin, Religion, and Theology
- Louis Althusser
- Mao Zedong
- Max Horkheimer
- mountain climbing
- odd animals
- Sacred Economy
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Stalin Prize
- Theodor Adorno
- total depravity